Tuesday 17 March 2009

NEWS



I guess you can see by now that I am an animal lover and supporter.
I wanted to put this entry on early so you can put it in your diary:
It's to mark World day for Laboratory Animals.
Saturday April 25th - meet at Speakers Corner Hyde Park -12 noon.
Anti Vivisection - National March and Rally.
This could be the largest antivisection protest for many years.

Fact: Vivisection is unethical because:
  • primates (for example) are surgically mutilated, psychologically damaged, forcibly restrained, poisoned to death, deliberatly brain damaged.
  • aside from physical suffering, primates experience fear, lonliness,frustration and stress simply from being in captivity. Some are killed after one experiment, others are made to endure procedure after painful procedure sometimes for years.
  • Although there are important similarties between humans and non human primates, there are huge differences. I could go on but I dont want to ruin your day. Check out the link above.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous17/3/09

    if i were in London on that date, I would be there in a heartbeat!
    are you going?
    urbanmaven
    Toronto Canada

    ReplyDelete